This time of year I focus on cleaning out the pantry, frig and freezers as I plan my menus. The pantry and frig get extra attention because we are getting things ready for our annual Thanksgiving Gathering here. The freezers because my men are out doing their part in providing meat to fill them.
Having a meal plan means I can spend more time working on fun holiday projects with my kids because I already know what’s for supper! Or I can have one of them get supper started while I finish up with the messes we are making (or cleaning up) because all they have to do is refer to my menu list. Very nice!
- Breakfast – cereal
- Lunch – tuna-macaroni salad
- Supper – chimichangas, rice & fixin’s
- Breakfast – breakfast burritos
- Lunch – veg/beef soup (made from stew I put in freezer last week)
- Supper – linguine w/ clam sauce, salad, homemade bread
- Breakfast – baked oatmeal
- Lunch – quesadillas
- Supper – crockpot cheesy sausage & potatoes
- Breakfast – pancakes (from my freezer)
- Lunch – sandwiches
- Supper – KOTO (kids on their own)
- Breakfast – Muffins & fruit
- Lunch – TBD
- Supper – pizza night!
- Breakfast – coffee cake, bacon
- Lunch – leftover pizza
- Supper – Reuben sandwiches
- Breakfast – bagels & fruit
- Dinner – chili lunch with friends
What’s on your menu this week? Are you busy working on holiday projects and gift lists yet?
Be sure to check out my Gift-Giving Giveaway (complete with interview of one of my favorite bloggers).