Building your own game board from LEGO and creating the rules yourself is a great way to spend a long winter day. Gabe and Noah (my 11 and 9 year old boys) are guest-posting today with an eye-witness account of just how fun it is and they’ve included step-by-step instructions for how to build and play a game they created last week.
- Take a large flat square for the base.
- Arrange Lego pieces of different sizes and colors in a pattern that makes a path. Choose a place to begin and a place to end.
- Use mini-figures and accessories to make your traps and special squares.
- It is a good idea to write down the rules of your game, to explain and remember what each space means and what you have to do to win the game.
- Create mini-figure game pieces for players to move around the board.
- Use a die or a spinner to tell players how many spaces to move on each turn.
- Play the game and have fun!
When we first had the idea to build a game, we thought it would be really hard. Once we got started it was a lot easier than we thought. It was a lot of fun dreaming up was to ‘catch’ the mini-figure players. It was also a lot of fun to create new mini-figures to play with. We hope you will take time to build your own LEGO Board Game. If you do, let us know how it turned out and what ideas you used in yours! You can find more ideas for LEGO and other fun game ideas you should check out Mom’s Kid Fun Board on Pinterest.
Sharing this post at some of these wonderful places.