Let me share with you today a random list of my favorite things. In no particular order, I love . . .
- the slap-slap-slap of tiny bare feet running down the hall in a hurry to share something of the utmost importance – my own children now go ‘stomp stomp stomp’ but my beautiful grandchildren do a fine job echoing through the house
- works of art created just for me, scribbled all colorful and delivered with a beaming smile and big hug
- date night with my sweetheart of 30 years
- a good cup of coffee with a dear friend and the sweet fellowship that comes with it
- the rubber snake peeking out from under my pillow at bedtime and the muffled giggles from the next room when I let out a scream
- a clear, crisp morning on the front porch with my Bible on my lap and a hot cuppa in my hand
- late night talks with my no-longer-a-teenager son whose brain seems to wake up at about 10PM ready to share profound thoughts and observations
- seeing brother and sister snuggled up together, heads pouring over a favorite book, brother reading to sister a favorite story of his
- the beaming smiles of my grandchildren shining brightly over cyberspace
- the anticipation of special family gatherings even though we always eat the same old food and share the same old stories reminisce about the ‘good old days’
- big band music that inspires me to pick up my granddaughter and dance around the room
- special friends who love me in spite of my flaws and crazy quirks
. . . to be continued.
Let’s count our blessings through this Season of Thankfulness. What are some of your favorite things?
sharing this post at some of these wonderful places.