This watermelon centerpiece is the perfect thing to decorate the table at your next backyard barbeque or a summertime birthday feast. It’s easy as 1-2-3 and is practically free!
DIY Watermelon Centerpiece
1. Select a watermelon that sets stable on a flat surface. You won’t want it rolling around. Most we found have a natural flat spot where it rested in the garden. Place it on the counter or large cutting surface.
2. With a sturdy knife, mark a rectangle around the top edge of your watermelon.
3. Use your knife to cut out a rectangular wedge.
4. With a spoon or melon baller scoop out as much of the delicious pink flesh of your watermelon, saving it for the fruit salad you will be serving your guests and family.
5. Set containers such as mason jars, vases, or even plastics cups in the cavity of the melon. I found it works best if your containers are level with the top of the watermelon or just below. Fill them with water about 3/4 full.
6. Add your favorite flowers – we picked zinnias from our garden for a colorful, festive look.
Also sharing this post at some of these wonderful places.