- In my life and in our homeschool this week we have been fully enjoying summer. Dad took a week’s vacation and we headed out on our first camping trip of the year. Do you have any idea how educational camping can be?
- This week’s helpful homeschooling tip is to step back remember that living is learning. There is education and learning opportunity in everything we do, everywhere we go.
- Places we’re going and people we’re seeing included joining a couple other families from our church on our camping outing, a big Independence Day Blast with family and friends, Friday Night Pizza Night featuring games and grandkids.
- My favorite thing this week was coming home rested and refreshed after our little vacation. Often, I’m worn out by the time we get home following one of these trips, but no this time. It truly was a vacation!
- My kiddos favorite thing this week was our float trip down the river. The one in which we watched a deer quietly cross the river right before us, the one where the current takes under a low-lying tree and Mom screams when she finds herself face-to-face with a snake.
- These days I’m working on mixing up my Bug Bars. I’ve created my own formula for an insect repellant bar and am quite pleased with it. So handy to have on our camping trip.
- I’m cooking something this weekend, not sure what. I need something for basket dinner at church on Sunday, and I need to get my monthly menu all worked out. Mike and Luke provided us with delicious burgers and dogs on the 4th, my friend Misty did a great job setting up our meals for the camping trip, so my cooking duties have been light. So nice!
- I’m grateful for the rains we’ve had so the kids could light their fireworks this year. They would have been awfully disappointed if we would have had to cancel them again.
How is your summer thus far? We are preparing for a new school year and working on getting routines on track this coming week. Are you enjoying lazy, relaxing days or cramming too many activities into the too few days left of summer?