Our second son has been showing signs for a while now. He thought he was sly and could hide it. No way! It was obvious even before we knew who was behind it. We’ve seen it your young people as they leave their childhood behind and fall hook-line-and-sinker for that certain special someone.
Twitterpated: adjective: infatuated or obsessed
It is a particularly amazing phenomena when it comes to our sons. They change from a strong, no-nonsense, I’ve-got-this-thing-called-life-under-control outlook to a big, squooshy, marshmallow. In our experience, it happens quickly. Like, overnight. So you are not caught off guard when it happens in your family, you should be on the lookout for these common signs:
- He begins ironing his clothes. without being told.
- He cleans out his vehicle. often.
- He responds with ‘uh-huh’ when you ask a question. and the question was ‘are you leaving back to school tonight or tomorrow?’ or ‘where’s your dirty laundry?’ or ‘can I borrow a million dollars?’
- He gets after his siblings for not picking up after themselves. forgetting he was guilty of same infraction not long ago.
- He wears a goofy grin and chuckles now and then. when no one is cracking jokes. or in the same room.
- He has to find a new phone plan because his pay-as-you go phone. because his minutes are used up way to fast all of a sudden.
- He actually ASKS for a hair cut (or has the need for a new hair style)
- He randomly shoots you questions like “Did you and Mom ever disagree about . . . ” or “How long was it before you and Dad ever have trouble deciding . . . “
The cause? Love. Pure and Simple. The Remedy? Time. God’s Timing. The Prescription? Patience. A Sense of Humor. Godly Counsel. and A Good Dose of I.R.L. now and then.
Looks like wedding bells will be ringing around here in a few months for our son and his bride-to-be. They are so cute together. So sickeningly sweet. And happy. Our family is blessed beyond measure!
Are happy things happening in your life? Are you witnessing the State of Being Twitterpated in anyone you know? I’d love to hear about joyful moments you’ve been experiencing lately!
Thanks for the visit. You’ll find all my I.R.L. visits by clicking on the coffee cup. See you tomorrow!
Sharing this post at some of these wonderful places.