There is nothing I like better than a good hot cup of coffee on beautiful, cool morning, but a creamy and delicious glass of iced coffee on a hot summer afternoon comes in at a close second. Enjoying a tall glass of this refreshing drink brings back special memories of sweet friends. I first learned of iced coffee and how to make it back in my college days when I visited the home of a college buddy. It was a hot trip and after a carload of college girls unloaded, her mother showed us great hospitality, making us feel welcome and joining in our fun fellowship. This recipe is so easy, takes only minutes, and the ingredients can always be kept handy for unexpected guests.
To make iced coffee you will need:
- Ice Cubes (or frozen coffee cubes)
- Coffee (already brewed or instant coffee mixed with hot water)
- Milk (or cream, flavored creamer or half ‘n half )
- Sweetener of choice or flavored syrup (optional)
1. Fill glass with frozen coffee cubes or ice cubes.
2. Pour coffee into glass, filling approximately half way.
3. Finish filling glass with milk or creamer.
4. Stir well and serve up with your favorite cookies!
Notes: For sweet iced coffee, add sweetener of choice or flavored syrup to coffee and stir well before pouring over ice cubes.
Pour the last of your morning coffee pot into ice cube trays and freeze, using these frozen coffee cubes instead of regular ice cubes. This keeps your iced coffee from getting watered down as the ice melts.
How do you like your coffee? Hot or cold? Black or sweet?
Sharing this post at some of these wonderful places.