It’s birthday season at our house – over the course of 6 weeks we have 9 birthdays in our immediate family. Keeping up takes a lot of energy, a bit of planning and a creative use of our resources. This easy centerpiece, for example. It is a quick DIY project even the kids can do, using items you already have around the house.
You will need:
- scissors or paper cutter (this one is similar to the one I use, my affiliate link-wink)
- paper (most any type or color will do)
- pencil or pen
- straws or craft sticks or chopsticks or twigs
- container of some sort (vase, cup, can, jar)
1. Cut paper into strips 1/4″-1/2″ wide.
2. Tightly wrap each strip of paper around a pen or pencil, add a bit of pressure then release, allowing curl to slip off loosely.
3. Pull slightly on each curl to lengthen and tape one end of each curl to the end of a straw or stick.
4. Place in vase and voila! stand back, admire, and let the party begin!