We love decorating for holidays, parties, birthdays, winter-spring-summer-fall. Give us any day, we’ll find a reason and a way to decorate! And we often accomplish the task using items we find around the house. Take these streamers, for instance.
You can have your home or classroom all decked out for Valentine’s Day in no time, by following these simple instructions:
Gather these supplies –
- 8 1/2 x 11sheets of paper (not cardstock, but any type of colored, patterned, printer, construction, scrapbook will do)
- scissors or paper cutter
- pen or pencil
- double stick tape (or glue dots or any tape you can roll to be sticky on the outside)
- needle and thread
1. cut 1/2 inch wide strip from along the long edge of your paper.
2. fold strip in half, making a nice flat crease.
3. roll each end of the strip approximately half way to the crease, using a pen or pencil.
4. place a bit of tape on one side of paper, where the two rolled edges touch, but do not secure together yet.
5. with a threaded needle, poke from bottom of heart, pull though and press rolled, taped edges together, catching thread between the two.
6. make and add more hearts, spacing them randomly along the thread.
7. display your strings of hearts from light fixtures and doorways and windows and curtain rods – and ENJOY!
Sharing this post at some of these wonderful places.