We are talking about family traditions this month. Traditionally, I take time in December to look ahead at the upcoming year. Being prepared for events ahead of time helps me have our important traditions in place. As I sit down to switch over my 2013 Day Planner to 2014 I fill in important information like birthdays and anniversaries, school events, family reunions, vacation dates, etc.
I am still a pen-and-paper kind of gal when is comes to scheduling and planning, but finding a Day Planner that works for me has not been easy. I have tried many but have never found one that suited my needs or personality very well. They were great systems! They just didn’t fit me or my budget very well. Until now.
Earlier this year Sue from Homemaker’s Friend sent me her Daily Planner to try. I’ve been using it ever since and I have to say I love it! Just take a look:
- It’s beautiful! there are beautiful photos and inspirational verses that put a smile on face and improve my heart and mindset
- It’s just the right size. it slips into my handbag or tucks in tote bag without being heavy and bulky
- Calendars – monthly and weekly and yearly calendars for easy planning
- My favorite features: place for daily menus – I like to have my week’s meals listed out in front of me for easy reference. And the perforated list forms – perfect for jotting down a shopping list, ready for tearing out to take with you (or send with your errand boy/girl). Tabs for each section make it super easy to flip and find just what I’m looking for.
- Contacts – a place for important names and numbers, mailing lists, etc.
- Notes – this came in handy when I had brilliant ideas pop in my head when out and about. I jotted them down and they’ll soon be published as blog posts. I also used this section for prayer requests and other important things to remember.
- Spiral Binding – lays flat, folds back on itself, pages don’t easily tear away.
- 2 extra months – December of the previous year and January of the next year – woo hoo!! It’ll be so much easier to transition to the new year.
The Daily Planner suits my needs perfectly, and I enjoy using it. The 2014 edition is absolutely gorgeous, with lovely colors and beautiful flowers and all the amazing features I’ve already shared. You just might like one yourself! Let’s see if we can make that happen!
Sue has graciously agreed to give one of these beautiful Daily Planners to one of you, my readers. Follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter widget below and you can earn up to 13 entries. The winner will be announced after December 15. If you just cannot wait, you can pop over to The Homemaker’s Friend and order your copy right now, for only $13.99, just click on the image below (this is not an affiliate link, I just really love this product).
I was provided this product to use and review but the opinions and experience in this post are entirely my own. You can read my full disclosure and policy for giveaways here.
Sharing this post at some of these wonderful places.